We have a situation where we need to save/backup a large group of e-mails to a folder on our server. We have 4-5 employees that have hundreds of emails concerning the same project and they would like to have them saved to one folder on the server and all of them be able to access the emails at the same time and review them when needed. A .pst file will not work for this and plus Microsoft does not support .pst files over a network. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

We have a situation where we need to save/backup a large group of e-mails to a folder on our server. We have 4-5 employees that have hundreds of emails concerning the same project and they would like to have them saved to one folder on the server and all of them be able to access the emails at the same time and review them when needed. A .pst file will not work for this and plus Microsoft does not support .pst files over a network. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Actually you are incorrect. .pst over network is possible you just have to have the directory mapped.

Actually you are incorrect. .pst over network is possible you just have to have the directory mapped.

I didnt say they didnt work, they do but Microsoft does not suppost the use of them over a LAN or WAN

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297019

I need to be able to share a .pst file with multiple user over the network.

Sorry I misunderstood you. You could create a mailbox for the project and give each user access to it. Move all emails from individual users into the new mailbox. Then just configure their Outlook to connect to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.