I'm trying to uninstall Paint Shop Pro v8.10 from my mom's computer, to make room for MS Office 2000.

From add and remove programs, I'm getting the message "could not open INSTALL.LOG file." when I try to remove psp8.10.

I've tried reinstalling and that doesn't do anything, and I don't have any tools to monitor the install, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the program from the registry without screwing anything up?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Thanks, I think I got it though. Regardless, I'm going to download EasyCleaner though. I already have "Super Cleaner," is that the same thing?

Edit: I got in uninstalled.

:sad: I'm trying to uninstall McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005 so that I can install Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security.

From add and remove programs, when I try to uninstall McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005. I get the message "could not open INSTALL.LOG file."

I've tried reinstalling and nothing changes. I have done several System Restores and still get the same message"could not open INSTALL.LOG file."

I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

How do I open INSTALL.LOG file?

:sad: I'm trying to uninstall McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005 so that I can install Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security.

From add and remove programs, when I try to uninstall McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005. I get the message "could not open INSTALL.LOG file."

I've tried reinstalling and nothing changes. I have done several System Restores and still get the same message"could not open INSTALL.LOG file."

I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

o

This is the permission issue with the log file when called by uninstall.exe.
Quick Fix - Copy the "install.log" file to your desktop (log file location may vary, depends upon your application uninstall.exe shortcut) Then delete the "install.log" file from the original location. Now run the "uninstall.exe" and this should prompt you for the "install.log" file location. So, just point it to your desktop/then highlight and open.

This should uninstall the program without any issue :-|

^Actually, just copying to desktop may remove the contents of your Desktop if the (un)installer has been configured to remove all the contents. For that, copying the file to an empty folder is a good idea. I have covered that in detail here: <snip>

no use ha ha it sucks more than my socks ha ha ha :p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.