I had a virus in my laptop. Had the drive wiped and tried to use the boot disk to restart the HP laptop. Gave it to a computer guy and he loaded a basic MS XP Media Center Service Pack 3. AMD Turion 64 Mobile. This is fine but when I bought I had media center and a bunch of other stuff. Now everything is gone. Does anyone know how to get the programs that were loaded when I purchased? I have the registration number for Windows but thats all.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I had a virus in my laptop. Had the drive wiped and tried to use the boot disk to restart the HP laptop. Gave it to a computer guy and he loaded a basic MS XP Media Center Service Pack 3. AMD Turion 64 Mobile. This is fine but when I bought I had media center and a bunch of other stuff. Now everything is gone. Does anyone know how to get the programs that were loaded when I purchased? I have the registration number for Windows but thats all.

you would have to use the orignal recovery disks for the laptop to get back the HP programs loaded on when laptop WAS NEW

Oh boy, don't know if I have them. Will have to give a good look around. I'll keep you posted.

Had the drive wiped and tried to use the boot disk to restart the HP laptop

what boot disk are you referring to here !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.