I have a primary and secondary 80GB hard drives...I had issues on my secondary hard drive but was able to Ghost it and recover the data, which has been saved to the primary drive. I would now like to run dual OS's with XP on the primary and Linux on the secondary. My question is...Do I need to use a program such as partition magic in order to select the which OS to use during boot up?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have a primary and secondary 80GB hard drives...I had issues on my secondary hard drive but was able to Ghost it and recover the data, which has been saved to the primary drive. I would now like to run dual OS's with XP on the primary and Linux on the secondary. My question is...Do I need to use a program such as partition magic in order to select the which OS to use during boot up?

Linux will have a boot manager built in. Partician MAgic sure makes the Dbl OS easier, but it isnt necessary

peace

u need to burn the comp

sike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.