Working on a p4 1.6 with winxp ,it had the w32 blaster work plus a lot of spyware exe's in Registry ,current version/ run ,it would just sit at the desktop ,i removed the worm,spyware from msconfig ,now it runs at the desktop but some program will run for just a few seconds.and this fwvjqcmdte.exe keeps apearing in msconfig / and run in the registry,(in the registry it says config.sys -----fwvjqcmdte.exe)after i remove it and reboot .any ideas ,nothing in a google search .
It also won't let me install nortons anti virus ,install but will not auto protect .!!???????

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you should be able to run norton during the bootup process of windows. put the cd-rom in the drive an bootup your computer, then follow the on screen instructions.

...some program will run for just a few seconds.and this fwvjqcmdte.exe keeps apearing in msconfig / and run in the registry,(in the registry it says config.sys -----fwvjqcmdte.exe)after i remove it and reboot .any ideas ,nothing in a google search .
It also won't let me install nortons anti virus ,install but will not auto protect .!!???????

You have a "smart" virus that blocks the Norton install. Try another virus checker, instead: Grisoft AVG--it's free.

Norton is effective, but it is the worst resource hog out there. Also, the virus may not "know" to block AVG.

Before you install the virus checker, go to the Task Manager, kill the offending process, clear out the Temporary Internet Files folder, and delete the Windows\Temp directory (or at least as many files as possible). These two sets of directories are where these virus executables tend to hide. Once these steps have been done, install the virus checker.

Thank you for the info ,the computer is not mine ,fixing it for neighbour,install and ran AVG,it found 3 worm 32/parite,klez worm ,and nimba worm ,and they infected over 1500 .exe's so i think a clean install is in order for this machine ,thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.