hi im new here and i had a question:
i have so many viruses and junk on my computer that i just want to start fresh with none of my former files on there. i had win xp home and then i installed win xp pro and that worked but now i have two seperate os and all my files are still in the other one. i pretty much deleted everything i could from my win xp home but i still have things that i cannot delete because it won't let me and i dont like having two operating systems for no reason. is there a way that i can delete everything (including the two os i currently now have) and just install win xp pro and have nothing from my os on my computer.

thanks in advance

)BIG"B"Affleck commented: Here you go some techi points to cheer you up......BIG"B"Affleck +29

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Ok when you reinstalled you didnt delete the old partitions. Select them hit D the L and do that to each one till it says get all of them till one is left
Example: 18993 unpartition space

Here you go loserkid a tutorial written entirely by my boy :AciDriveHB
NOTE: when you open this text file in note pad||||click the FORMAT tab at the top and make sure you select WORD WRAP

hi im new here and i had a question:
i have so many viruses and junk on my computer that i just want to start fresh with none of my former files on there.

Just a tip bro, run your primary account with limited privileges. That way, next time a virus/trojan comes your way it won't have enough "power" to install/execute itself.

Trust me, it will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

~Masta

commented: BIG"B"Affleck +29

thanks for all the advice guys...my computer seems to be cool now. much appreciated.
-Ryan

Good deal, glad it worked out well for ya...

~Masta

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.