I've changed the name with which i was currently logged on. After changing the name I try to open task manager but it respond nothing. I tried to play a song but it showed message that "File is not accessible on this location or you may have not rights to access this", then I restart the system and after login with changed name or old name it allowed to login but it is now just showing me the wallpaper nothing else(no task manager, no task bar and no any icon) so, i'm unable to run explorer.exe. On the other hand with safe mode i can see all my data on the desktop.

Can anyone please help me to get out of this situation

Thanks
Lokeshwar

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thats wierd, because it shouldnt actually break anything, seeing as windows inherently runs on SIDs (which you cant change).

Hi,
Try starting in safe mode, log in as administrator, delete the account you just made. make a new account with administrator rights, reboot and try then to see what will happen.

login with changed name or old name

this is weird ,how could you login with old name if you changed it ,please explain how you changed the name

Hi,
, delete the account you just made. make a new account with administrator rights,

that what i was thinking ,but they say they only changed the name not created a new acct

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.