Hello everyone.

I'm here to put in my pleas for assistance. I tried posting information on another website and they gave some good advice, but the problem seems to have not been solved.

Before I start describing my problem, I need to say something. I am using Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. I was using the trial version and it recently ran out, so apparently I'm running a "non-genuine" version of Windows right now. On to my problems.

My problems are this: Google has been redirecting me to other websites when I click on links. Other websites have opened up infrequently while opening up Facebook, etc as well. These websites are typically redirected through "mylocalhero.com," but I believe there are a few others as well. I was told to go through a pretty lengthy process by the other website including a full scan with Combo-Fix, and doing so seemed fix part of the problem.

The part that Combo-Fix fixed was the fact that many of my virus protection applications were crashing again and again recently. My task bar would freeze up, and Google Chrome was starting to do wonky things with its tabs (mainly closing them when I clicked on them instead of switching to that tab). I have SuperAntiSpyware, AdAware, and McAfee Security Center. I'm truly at a loss as to what to do, but I have a fully functional Combo-Fix, Hijack-This, and ExeHelper if you need me to do some more scans. I'm seriously getting worried and I'm unsure of what to do. Thanks.

>>I was using the trial version and it recently ran out, so apparently I'm running a "non-genuine" version of Windows right now.

Get a genuine version of Windows 7, install as a fresh install, then see if the problems still persist. Its hard telling what the os did when the free version expired.

I don't think it was the OS expiring that did it. The OS expired a few weeks ago actually... :/ I'm still working on getting the money to buy it. So I'm almost positive that it wasn't the OS that did it. I really do believe it was a virus because McAfee informed me that a Generic trojan had been found in Temp and had been removed. I thought that that was good news at first but McAfee kept telling me that the same trojan was being removed again and again from the Temp folder. I cleaned the whole file out but I realized that whatever was causing the virus was creating things inside Temp and McAfee was deleting them (such as infected folders, etc.) I think the Combo-Fix may have fixed that problem but google is still rerouting me to ad sites and Chrome is still having some issues with the tabs closing when I click on them instead of switching like they're supposed to. I haven't had any virus scanner failures or any task bar freezing though, so it probably fixed part of the problem but not all of it. Would you like me to post a Hijack-This scan just to be sure? It's kind of long so I'll only post it if you want me to.

Definitely get a legit copy of OS ASAP, but I don't think that's the problem.

Make sure you have the latest versions of Lavasoft AdAware, SpyBot S&D and your virus definitions are up to date. Run all of these utilities frequently.

Sounds like you have Malware on your computer or a virus that is hijacking your browser. Do some scans.

Just download the Microsoft Security Essentials from the link http://tinyurl.com/yewgwqn and run a complete scan on to your computer... If any virus gets detected just remove it and your issue will get fixed...

And please let me know about this whether it is fixed or not, so that can tell you something else where you can fix it...