I been having problems logging in to vista for the last week. It will go to startup repair every time and it wont boot. if i uninstall the nvidia drivers it will work fine.Ive tried old and new drivers.I even clean up the driver with driver sweeper.I just ordered a new video card just in case. any clues?

hp Pavilion m9040n
geforce 8400 GS
Win Vista Home Premium 32

I been having problems logging in to vista for the last week. It will go to startup repair every time and it wont boot. if i uninstall the nvidia drivers it will work fine.Ive tried old and new drivers.I even clean up the driver with driver sweeper.I just ordered a new video card just in case. any clues?

hp Pavilion m9040n
geforce 8400 GS

Not really, are 100 percent sure that you are installing the correct driver? Anyway that sould not effekt the startup process. I think that is a random coincident, try running spinright from grc.com. i cost but you will get your money back if i does not work.

hp Pavilion m9040n
geforce 8400 GS

If you have xtra ram installed it might be that. I know with my PC sometimes it will go to the Dell boot screen and thats where it stays. I have to pop the 2gig card out and put it back in and restart and it boots ups. Sorry if this doesn't help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.