I have an ACER Aspire E500- G870 PC with a new HDU installed. Booting from the CD ROM using a windows 7 upgrade disc and selecting 'custom' the system reports that @To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive insert the installation media conatining the driver files". I dont have driver files for the hdu.
I got a new hdu as the old one seemed to show that problem and I thought is was broken. The old one had no drivers files either.

Can anyone help as to what i can do?

Ric

I have an ACER Aspire E500- G870 PC with a new HDU installed. Booting from the CD ROM using a windows 7 upgrade disc and selecting 'custom' the system reports that @To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive insert the installation media conatining the driver files". I dont have driver files for the hdu.
I got a new hdu as the old one seemed to show that problem and I thought is was broken. The old one had no drivers files either.

Can anyone help as to what i can do?

Ric

I believe you need the SATA drivers for the on-board SATA controller.
You can get them at the Acer manufacturers website.
They might also be located on the installation disc you got with the PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.