I have an ACER Aspire E500- G870 PC with a new HDU installed. Booting from the CD ROM using a windows 7 upgrade disc and selecting 'custom' the system reports that @To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive insert the installation media conatining the driver files". I dont have driver files for the hdu.
I got a new hdu as the old one seemed to show that problem and I thought is was broken. The old one had no drivers files either.

Can anyone help as to what i can do?

Ric

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Adamsappleone

I have an ACER Aspire E500- G870 PC with a new HDU installed. Booting from the CD ROM using a windows 7 upgrade disc and selecting 'custom' the system reports that @To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive insert the installation media conatining the driver files". I dont have driver files for the hdu.
I got a new hdu as the old one seemed to show that problem and I thought is was broken. The old one had no drivers files either.

Can anyone help as to what i can do?

Ric

I believe you need the SATA drivers for the on-board SATA controller.
You can get them at the Acer manufacturers website.
They might also be located on the installation disc you got with the PC.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.