I am running an evaluation copy of Windows 7, an upgrade from Vista Home Premium. I really like the Windows Movie Maker in Vista, you can create movies in different file formats ie compressed for mobile devices without any hassle. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing the Windows Movie Maker that I had with Vista because I am running an evaluation copy or if MS is only including DVD Maker in Windows 7 (which is useless in my opinion.)
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It has been removed as default and bundled into the "Live" range of utilities instead... probably as response to EU witch-hunt. Still free anyhow, so no real issue

http://download.live.com/moviemaker

Thanks, interestingly, the moviemaker download site says you're getting movie maker but when I go to install it, it gives me everyother Live program but that one. I'll keep an eye on that site and see if shows up later. Thank you for answering my question.
pam

Interesting - installed OK this end (and do remember you don't have to install everything offered :) )

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.