I got a warning alert from my AVG anti virus software the other day. It listed some cookies that were in a directory that doesn't exist on my hard drive.

None of the AVG option took care of the warnings and every time I boot my computer I get the same warning.

Also, ever since the first warning my PS2 keyboard doesn't work. I checked the control panel and it says device is working properly. I tried another keyboard of the same type and also a wireless keyboard and none of them work. I tried AVG support and they could not connect to my machine.

I am stuck without a keyboard. Help !!!

This is my first post so if I put it the wrong place sorry.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi and welcome to Daniweb,
Just because you have a good antivirus detector does not mean you will not get viruses, go to this site here,
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread27570.html
Read about deleting viruses and checking your PC including virus checkers you can load from a boot-up.
If you follow all the suggestions here, even if it has not fixed your PC, you will at least know that it is not a virus or malware that is causing the problem.

further to bobs good reply I would also suggst I have had a number of clients (mainlky with older machines ) with similiar problems of keyboards, ps2 and AVG. I solved them by junking AVG and using microsoft security essentials. Yes I know what we think about ms but this does work!
M

so how was it solve, could you at least say. or it worked by just dumping avg

I uninstalled AVG completely, did a registry clean using regclean and then rebooted and then installed mssoft security essentials (which covers most threats!)
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.