My problem is that when I turn on my computer it seems to boot up fine until the Windows XP Logo appears and then it reboots itself and does it over and over again. I have installed a new motherboard and graphics card but can not seem to find the root of the problem.

My current set up is;

ABIT NF7 Version 2.0 Motherboard
AGP Sapphire ATI Radeon 128Mb Graphics Card
20Gb Maxtor HDD (running Windows XP Media Centre Edtion 2005 with SP2)
Pioneer 106 DVD-RW

Also, my bios reads my floppy drive but when I boot up I can not seem to boot from floppy as it just bypasses it completely. It won't read any disks and the floppy light doesn't even come on.

Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I forgot to mention I have an Athlon XP 750Mhz CPU.

Did you replace the hardware because of this, or did this start when you replaced the hardware?
It sounds more like a software problem.
Did you apply any updates from Microsoft before this happened?
Did you install/uninstall any other software right before this?
Can you boot to safe mode?
Is the new Graphics card/motherboard compatible with Media Center?

Just some questions to get you started, or to help us help you.

did you reinstall xp after you install the new motherboard .xp doesnt like it if you didn't

That sounds like the source of the problem to me as well. When you change the motherboard, you need to format and install Windows XP cleanly again.

you shouldnt have to reinstall the OS when you replace the mobo, at last to my knowledge.

Its definitely got something to do with the hard drive itself, most often times its the OS, or one of it's files, that's corrupted or missing.

i have the exact same problem. when i put the hard drive in my other computer it works fine but when its in this computer it wont load past the XP logo. same as if i put the other harddrive in this computer it wont load. :confused: ive never come across this before. i havent changed anything al i did was install windows xp again. it sounds like something to do with the actual hardware itself to me. but im still only learning. it was working fine before i re-instaled xp but it was running slow. any suggestions. cheers too ak

oh also it'll sometimes let me select to start in safe mode but then restarts and freezes on the HP screen. i cant even load a disc or anything. its quite frustrating. thanks again much appreciated

Ours it doing that too. Our power went out late lastnight and now it goes to the Start Windows Normally, safe mode and all that junk and none of them work, it gets to the windows logo screen and reboots back to that one.

Ours it doing that too. Our power went out late lastnight and now it goes to the Start Windows Normally, safe mode and all that junk and none of them work, it gets to the windows logo screen and reboots back to that one.

hi,this is the time to boot to your windows cd and go to recovery console and type "chkdsk /r" without the "" to fix you windows install so it will boot again

Well I thought of that but ours didnt come with a recovery cd or a cd of any kind for that matter, I have been looking online but havent had much luck yet, you know of any places to get one or get an iso of one?

Same problem here my pc duo core hangs on winxp loadin screen after i shut it down for few sec it usuallz boots up but after i turn it off and on after a while it happens again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.