Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS110E laptop, my friend was playing a game on it, then all the sudden he said it froze so i turned it off and turned it back on, then i get the message saying "A disk read error occurred." I grab the recovery disks it came with, i started the whole repair thing, it goes to Loading Windows... then when the it finishes it just stayed on a black screen. I also tryed just a regular vista recovery disk and it does the same thing, except it doesnt go to the vista repair menu. I've tryed everything, i even googled it. I'm just wondering if theres anything i can do to get this laptop repaired. I love this laptop with a passion, i don't plan on replacing it. If you know how to fix this please help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sounds a bit as though it might have been a virus. Have you got a good AV?
Can you get into safe mode (F8 press at startupand hold pressed)? If so can you do a restore?
Have you got a boot disk like linux? It could be that the MBR record has become damaged on the Hard disk as a result of the failed repairs. you could try FDISK /MBR but be careful...
BOL
M

Sounds a bit as though it might have been a virus. Have you got a good AV?
Can you get into safe mode (F8 press at startupand hold pressed)? If so can you do a restore?
Have you got a boot disk like linux? It could be that the MBR record has become damaged on the Hard disk as a result of the failed repairs. you could try FDISK /MBR but be careful...
BOL
M

I tryed installing windows 7 on it, it said it was loading windows, after it finished i got the cursor but the black screen, and no i cannot go into safe mode, it doesnt give me the option

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.