Hi there I am working on a Dell Dimension Desktop with ONLY USB for Keyboard or Mouse, NO PS2 Ports.
I had to add new KB and mouse, only problem is that when it goes into Windows it tries to install a driver for them and the "do you want to let windows update search for a driver" window comes up, well I CAN'T Click or press enter becuase it WON'T recognize, or finish loading the HID drivers for mouse or KB.
It does show them and recognizes them both as Dell USB KB and Dell USB Mouse, but this window comes up and it won't allow you to do anything.

How can I bypass this so I can get it to load the drivers, I can't even do it in Safe Mode because it doesn't totally load the drivers!!!

Typical of Windows to NOT have enough concept to Load a Generic Driver for Mouse or KB so U can at least USE THEM on first boot!!!

THanks in advance for any assistance.

IKE

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

problem happened recently or you installed a new OS and these problem came up?

Recently,
Moved Desktop from one room to another.
KB & Mouse are Identical to the ones that were attached.
Was just using it as a temporary replacement for a dead PC
Got dead one fixed and moved this back to where it was.
It's just wierd that I can't get that FREAKING "do you want to
connect to Windows Update" messge to stop coming up.
If there were some way to prevent that from coming up, I am sure
it would probably load the drivers fine.

Ike

Just switched ports for the KB and mouse and it works fine now.

Go figure Windows!!!! LOL

IKE

Hi there I am working on a Dell Dimension Desktop with ONLY USB for Keyboard or Mouse, NO PS2 Ports.
I had to add new KB and mouse, only problem is that when it goes into Windows it tries to install a driver for them and the "do you want to let windows update search for a driver" window comes up, well I CAN'T Click or press enter becuase it WON'T recognize, or finish loading the HID drivers for mouse or KB.
It does show them and recognizes them both as Dell USB KB and Dell USB Mouse, but this window comes up and it won't allow you to do anything.

How can I bypass this so I can get it to load the drivers, I can't even do it in Safe Mode because it doesn't totally load the drivers!!!

Typical of Windows to NOT have enough concept to Load a Generic Driver for Mouse or KB so U can at least USE THEM on first boot!!!

THanks in advance for any assistance.

IKE

Recently,
Moved Desktop from one room to another.
KB & Mouse are Identical to the ones that were attached.
Was just using it as a temporary replacement for a dead PC
Got dead one fixed and moved this back to where it was.
It's just wierd that I can't get that FREAKING "do you want to
connect to Windows Update" messge to stop coming up.
If there were some way to prevent that from coming up, I am sure
it would probably load the drivers fine.

Ike

好 暫時試試看

Well such issues pop up, if you will use unregistered windows, If your OS is registered one, you can get online help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.