Hi folks, hope someone can help me with a very strange problem I've been having for some time now...
Windows XP on this PC "freezes" at random. The weird thing is, when the computer "freezes" the behaviour is very strange:
- any application that is open at the time keeps working perfect, until it is closed;
- I can't open any new applications - I click to open, the hourglass appears, then disapears but the application isn't started;
- the windows task manager will not open if I press CTRL-ALT-DEL;
- If I keep clicking to open an application - any application - after a while it opens "dozens of times" all at once - as if it "unfroze" - after which some times it keeps working fine for a few more minutes, but always goes back to "freeze mode" eventually;
- The computer works fine again after RESET;
- Sometimes this doesn't happen for days in a row with the PC always on, other times I have to keep resetting it b/c it keeps freezing; Applications running at the time are random. PC has up-to-date anti-virused (BitDefender) and scans clean.