Hi there...

i have two XPs copied on same partition... one (i.e. the older one) is running well but the other (newer one) is not detecting the monitor and LAN... no connections shown in my n/w connections...

kindly explain the reason as well as the solution....

Thanks...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Two OS's on the same partition? That doesn't sound right. Do you mean you have two different XP installations on the same hard drive? What items are displayed in the boot menu when you boot the computer up?

When you installed the "newer one" did you install the network and video drivers? It sounds like it detected a monitor at some point because you can view/have viewed network connections. Are you trying to hook up a different monitor?

Need more information. Please clarify how the OS's are setup on the hard drive.

Two OS's on the same partition? That doesn't sound right. Do you mean you have two different XP installations on the same hard drive? What items are displayed in the boot menu when you boot the computer up?

When you installed the "newer one" did you install the network and video drivers? It sounds like it detected a monitor at some point because you can view/have viewed network connections. Are you trying to hook up a different monitor?

Need more information. Please clarify how the OS's are setup on the hard drive.

Yup.. i have both on the same hard drive.... i didn't try the n/w driver... the video driver was installed with some error... i didn't remember the error... actually i've a widescreen lcd but when i set the resolution to 1440x900, it says out of range....?? while on the older XP its just fine.....

Yup.. i have both on the same hard drive.... i didn't try the n/w driver... the video driver was installed with some error... i didn't remember the error... actually i've a widescreen lcd but when i set the resolution to 1440x900, it says out of range....?? while on the older XP its just fine.....

Download and install the network and video drivers -- if you have problems or can't find them then post your computer's brand and model number. Do you know if you have an add-on video card or are you using the integrated video port?

Download and install the network and video drivers -- if you have problems or can't find them then post your computer's brand and model number. Do you know if you have an add-on video card or are you using the integrated video port?

its an integrated video port..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.