Hi I am trying to help a relative sort out their PC setup, Security etc - and want to implement using NON admin accts and passwords ..

Have set up the user accts and pwords etc but cannot activate fast user switching because of this "Netware Client Services "

"Client services for netware has disabled the welcome screen and Fast user switching "

Have found out how to remove this NCS BUT I am not sure if he needs this or not have asked him and he has no idea.. If I understood corectly removing it would prevent connectivity to a Novell Based Network - is this correct?

His pc is a Family PC connected to a Netgear router via ethernet cable , 5 other pcs also connected to router on wireless home network ( and as far as I can find online MOST users dont need this NCS) BUT in his case maybe he does as he also connects to his small companies network and I am wondering if that cld be Novell -based.. Is there a way I can find that out from his PC..?

If not if Ionly disabled the service I am guessing this woudl be a way of seeing if he needed it or not?

Forgive me if this seems really obvious I did not come across this when I used XP and woudl rather not mess things up for him

Many Thanks
Tamba1

I think you asked yourself the right question:

BUT in his case maybe he does as he also connects to his small companies network and I am wondering if that cld be Novell -based..

Did you ask him?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.