my computer has been running slow and iexplore.exe is close to 100%
at times, especially when changing pages, when cpu usuage is near 100% i get spikes in networking usuage. how can i fix this problem? any help appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If your using a multi-core processor you can try setting the affinity for Internet Explorer so it only uses one core instead of all of them. To set the affinity for any application start up task manager, right click on the app and select Go To Process.

Right click on the process and select Set Affinity. A dialogue box will appear giving you the option to select which cpu (which core) to use for that particular application.

I had a similar problem with an older version of Dreamweaver on my system and doing this sorted it for me, so give it a try and see if t helps.

You could perform an Internet Explorer reset. In Internet Explorer go to >Tools >Internet Options >Advanced tab >Reset >Reset

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.