When I try to open Explorer (IE Browser or Folder) it pops up Runtime error window says "Runtime error 226 at 0A0D655F" and I clicked ok then it pops up another one says "Runtime error 226 at 0A0D629F"

How do i get rid of this kind of Error?

Thanks for yourcomments.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you have the program "Spyware Doctor" installed, by chance? If so, uninstall it and see if the errors go away; the runtime error is a known issue with Spyware Dr. and Win 98/ME systems.

I just discovered this thread after searching for RUNTIME ERROR 226. I was running 98SE and Spyware Doctor and was having similar symptoms. Removing SD seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

I am running Windows Me and Spyware Doctor. Started getting Runtime Error 226 pop-up windows on attempting to open a new window pane.

Found a thread on CNET which solved the problem. Quote from thread:

"...please try installing the Visual Basic Runtime files from the link below:

Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0: Run-Time Redistribution Pack (vbrun60sp6.exe)

No guarantees, but it's worth a shot."

It worked for me!

Hi DougGass,

In accordance with our "one member's problem/question per thread" posting policy, I've split your question into a new thread of its own, which can be found here. Please submit all further posts regarding your problem to that thread.

Thanks for understanding. :)
================================================
In accordance with our posting rules, other members having similar problems should start their own threads and post their questions there. In order to help us help you most quickly, please include as much information about your problem as possible in your posts.
================================================

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.