Can someone please help!

I have just subscribed to wandoo adsl in Spain.

I installed the modem but couldn't dial up the connection (I realised later that I had put in the wrong user name by missing "adsl" of the end!!)

Anyway, I tried to sort it by reinstalling the modem. I removed my DAP files thinking that may affect the dial up, and I think It may have removed/corrupted some start up files.

I have had the system working but my PC will simply not re-start unless I unplug all hardware.

Since removing the DAP, when trying to install the modem the box recommending rebooting the computer no longer appears?

Also, I am not totally sure that I am using the right selection from the driver disc. There is a choice of the following:-

PPPoA VCMUX 8/35
PPPoE LLC 8/32
RFC1483 Routed LLC 8/32

Regards
Dan
:(

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Mate, contact your ISP for assistance. They should have an FAQ on their website which describes the process and settings. You don't 'dial up' for the service, it's permanently connected. Your modem connects to it, your PC connects to the modem, and broadband internet is there all the time after that.

Perhaps it isn't enabled on your phone line yet. sometimes there's a bit of a delay getting it enabled and live!

Mate, contact your ISP for assistance. They should have an FAQ on their website which describes the process and settings. You don't 'dial up' for the service, it's permanently connected. Your modem connects to it, your PC connects to the modem, and broadband internet is there all the time after that.

Perhaps it isn't enabled on your phone line yet. sometimes there's a bit of a delay getting it enabled and live!

ç

Thanks for the tips

Apologies for not knowing the tech on the connection (I'm not up to speed on these things), however, I have already had the system running, its rebooting where the problem lies. The Op System doesn't seem to know that the modem exists. When the desk top appears when logging on, the modem icon appears for a couple of seconds then dissapears.

I'm sure its linked to some program/exe files that have been removed/corrupted when I removed my download accelerator (DAP)?

Dan

It would help to know the make and model of your modem. Is it a USB or an Ethernet modem?

It would help to know the make and model of your modem. Is it a USB or an Ethernet modem?

The system is through Spanish Wanadoo

Sagem 800 Modem

It is connected by a USB

Here's the download page, where you can obtain up to date drivers and instruction manuals.
http://www.sagem.com/web-modems/download/support-fast-en.htm

You'll need to contact your ISP to find out the settings which you need to use for their service. You should also check that the service has actually been processed and is 'live' via you telephone line.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.