my friends computer got infected with the Internet Security 2010 virus and when i when to try to remove it the virus put the computer into a log in\off loop once i fixed that the desktop freezes and the virus has disabled task manager. the cursor is the I beam you cant click on any icons and you get an hourglass when you hover over the taskbar. but when left on for a bit my antivirus started updating so it dosnt look like a complete freeze

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You've probably already tried, but can you boot into Safe-Mode?

i figured it out used bartpe with the registry plugin and changed the
hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\current version\winlogin changed the userinit key back to C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

i figured it out used bartpe with the registry plugin and changed the
hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\current version\winlogin changed the userinit key back to C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

oops that what i did before this happend the guest account was kinda working and got webroot to scan and it got rid of the virus

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.