MS Office word Version problem

Hi,

I'm facing the following problem when trying to open the word document from deployment server.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I will explain in detail my problem.

Client want to open the report in Office word document and for that I'm calling Microsoft.Office.Interop.word COM compenent(version 12.0.0.0) and everything working fine in my development machine and when I deployed and trying to open it from production server the above said problem rising.

And one more thing my client using Office word 2003( version 11.0.0.0) and other important one is production server not allowed to install any MS Office objects.

Could any one help me where exactly the problem is and what steps to follow to resolve this.

Thanks,
Srinivas Kalagara

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you need to create a separate version using the previous offcie version pias in order to retain its functionality

you need to create a separate version using the previous offcie version pias in order to retain its functionality

Hi thnaks for your reply and as you said I inastalled Office Word 2003 and now fortunately not getting earlier said problem but again facing some new problem.

This is my code that gives problem.

Dim missing As Object
Dim filename As Object=Server.MapPath("~/CommonFiles/SysReports/FaceSheet.doc")

Dim [readOnly] As Object = False
Dim isVisible As Object = True
missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value

Dim oWordApp As Interop.Word.Application
oWordApp = New Interop.Word.Application
oWordApp.Visible = True

Dim oWordDoc As Interop.Word.Document
oWordDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open(filename, missing, [readOnly], missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, isVisible)

oWordApp.Documents.Open() working fine in development machine but when I was published into production server(windows 2003) its get hanging from oWordApp.Documents.Open() line. What could be the problem. Any guess or ideas or solutions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.