I have windows Vista on my HP laptop. The user administrator and standard accounts have always acted wierd.

Here is what it does the admin account acts like a standard and the standard acts like a admin. If I click on a function on the admin side say change firewall settings it says I do not have admin privledge to change setting but I can do this function on the standard side. I never set up a password for the admin side but sometimes prompts me to enter password. I was not able to set up my wireless modems settings on the admin side but was able to on the standard.

If I go into the control panel and go to the user accounts it wont let me modify, delete or create a new admin or standard account If I go to create new account it gives me the following error:
"The following account name is not valid because account names cannot contain the following {}":;/<>+=,?*" Please type a different name"

I did that and no nothing is stuck, what seems to be the problem.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

have you tried to scan for any virus or malware on your system?

yes

yes

then what any virus or malware found?

yes

any virus or malware found?

No virus or malware found

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.