Test your Firefox (or other browser) here.

Keystrokes made whilst using FF can apparently be seen because of this exploit. Change those passwords I would be doing if I used Internet banking with FF.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Test your Firefox (or other browser) here.

Keystrokes made whilst using FF can apparently be seen because of this exploit. Change those passwords I would be doing if I used Internet banking with FF.

Ok ,but i don't understand the info in the field when i click on the test now link ??????

Nor do I :), but somebody will. All you get in IE and Opera are X's instead of letters and digits.

Nor do I :), but somebody will. All you get in IE and Opera are X's instead of letters and digits.

Ok ,I just checked it with IE and its all X's ,but with firefox it actually says a lot about what im doing right now on the net .names and web addresses and other info ,Interesting !
I think i will install SuSe linux one of these days !! and give up on windows .!!:)

bump... I wonder how long until the FF zealots will jump in and deny there's a problem because they haven't seen anything using it...

After seeing this, I won´t be doing anything except browsing with FF. But see my post under ¨Why put up with the pain¨ about security. I feel that we should discuss this whole topic in great detail as a group to help all, outside of the different opinions, to put up the proper barricades against the intrusions that are apparently rife...

Maybe someone should put all the appropriate posts into a separate thread?

you guys have me frightened to use any browser. What is the answer?

I agree that this discussion should be carried forward to help all of us! I am using IE and FF and don´t know what to do about the problem you have found. I hear that IE is full of holes and now that FF has a major flaw, what are we to do?

commented: great point! +1

All that did for me was displayed some of the page code for pages I'd visited. Not a single thing that I'd entered from the keyboard was displayed, no matter how many times I tried.

All that did for me was displayed some of the page code for pages I'd visited. Not a single thing that I'd entered from the keyboard was displayed, no matter how many times I tried.

I type a search for google in one tab ,opened the test page in another tab ,and clicked on the test and it showed what i typed in google ,i clicked test 3 times and it showed the google results ,and on the 3rd one firefor erooredand closed down .

I agree that this discussion should be carried forward to help all of us! I am using IE and FF and don´t know what to do about the problem you have found. I hear that IE is full of holes and now that FF has a major flaw, what are we to do?

I say dont be so paronide and keeb using what everone you want ,setup some security and all be ok! check the links in my signature !!software tools ,for free security software

Hello,

I am a Firefox and Safari user. For some reason, Firefox and Fox news do not get along too well on my Macintosh OS X platform. SO I safari the news page. No big deal to me on that one.

For entering bank numbers and that, you should be checking to see that you have an encrypted connection to the website... look for a little lock symbol on the lower right hand corner of your browser. If you are not "locked" you are transmitting in the clear anyways.

And to the folks asking if there is any sure-fire completely secure system.... there is... it is a formatted computer inside of a concrete bunker with no electrical cords, and a hard drive with a nail going through it. Less sarcastically, any system that is useful to people will ahve some risk. The goal is to limit that risk.

CHristian

Firefox 1.03....Fixed.

I fixed mine. Guess I´ll have to run the tests again...

a bunch of X's after upgrade for me !!?)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.