I HAVe XP INSTALLED ON PARTITION 1 (NOT MUCH SPACE LEFT)

I HAD COPY OF SERVER 2003 INSTALLED ONTO PARTITION 2 (WHICH I CREATED WHEN I INSTALLED IT ) - NOW 180 DAYS ARE UP>

CAN I START PARTITION 1 OPERATING SYSTEM WITH XP - INSERT ANOTHER EVALUATION COPY OF SERVER 2003 INTO CD-ROM DRIVE AND WILL I GET OPTION TO INSTALL THIS BACK ONTO PARTITION 2?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I HAVe XP INSTALLED ON PARTITION 1 (NOT MUCH SPACE LEFT)

I HAD COPY OF SERVER 2003 INSTALLED ONTO PARTITION 2 (WHICH I CREATED WHEN I INSTALLED IT ) - NOW 180 DAYS ARE UP>

CAN I START PARTITION 1 OPERATING SYSTEM WITH XP - INSERT ANOTHER EVALUATION COPY OF SERVER 2003 INTO CD-ROM DRIVE AND WILL I GET OPTION TO INSTALL THIS BACK ONTO PARTITION 2?

You will want to boot from the Windows 2003 disk. From there you can format the partition and install the OS.

Hello,

Yep. When you boot the 2003 disk, you will get a listing of the partitions somewhere in the install process. Make sure you select the right partition. For cleanliness, you might want to delete the small partition first, and then install 2003 again in a new cleanly formatted partition.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.