hey, i am having trouble with my laptop. im trying to reinstall windows. i had xp and i wanna go to 98. i used delpart to erase the harddrive and then i ran fdisk to create a partition. and now i am stuck. i cant get the format command to work or nothing else. where can i get a good bootable floppy that can get format to work? i have never done it this way, so if anyone has a step-by-step, or even some advice, that would be appreciated! thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i went to a website and downloaded boot98.exe and then put that floppy with the unzipped files into my laptop and booted the floppy at startup. it then tells me to remove disks or other media then press any key to restart. why does it do that when i have a windows 98 boot up floppy disk and no cdrom disk inserted?

i went to a website and downloaded boot98.exe and then put that floppy with the unzipped files into my laptop and booted the floppy at startup. it then tells me to remove disks or other media then press any key to restart. why does it do that when i have a windows 98 boot up floppy disk and no cdrom disk inserted?

It sounds like you need to set the computer BIOS to boot from a floppy drive. If you dont know how to acess the BIOS or you dont know what to change. Let me know and i can walk you through it.

-T

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.