:rolleyes: I was over at a friend’s house last night. She has XP, emachine and word 2002. Whenever she tries to minimize a window it disappears, all windows. I did this with word, and the only thing I could do was reopen word, however when doing that, word still had the doc open, each time I opened word I got the next doc...doc 6, doc 7, doc 8. What’s up with that? Anybody know of an option in xp that’s causing this?:eek:

Thanks much,

Recommended Answers

Have you checked for spyware? Does it happen in other apps?

There are a number of things it could be. Let us know the answers to those two questions, and I'm sure we could help.

Jump to Post

you could try running stinger on there: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

Have you checked for spyware? Does it happen in other apps?

There are a number of things it could be. Let us know the answers to those two questions, and I'm sure we could help.

I did run spybot, then did scndisk and defrag. It happens in all windows regardless of the app. I actually wasn't able to finish defrag cause of time restraints. I'm going back this weekend. I noticed the system was not regularly maintained. It's pretty dirty. I was thinking of just wiping it and starting over. I doubt there's a OS return point.

Thanks,

Update: I found 29 infected files. I cant even install/uninstall. I told her to buy XP and we'll fdisk the darn thing.

Never heard of stinger, I'll check it out. I reinstalled XP and office, drivers, all the goodies. Runs like a dream for now. I did a return point right away as well.

Thanks for all the help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.