Is there a download or a way to get either XP PRO or the Internet Explorer to translate the writing on Forigen web sites to English? When I first go to the sites I get a messages about some sort of language support, but it dosen't want to work. It won't load or download even after I put in the XP Pro disc when it asks for it. Am I doing something wrong or is something missing from XP Pro with SP1 that it wont compleat the transition? I have been to the Windows site and found no help there. Maybe I looked in the wrong place? or I'm wrong about what I was being offered? HELP. :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Unfortunately, Windows' foreign language support can't do actual translations; it only allows you to view and/or type foreign language characters. :(

Have you heard of any programs at all out there that might do this or is something like that just wishful thinking so far??

http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/ found something folks might like to

try. this link takes you to a page where you can put in a foriegn web site address and it will turn around and display the page in as close to english as a litteral translation can be. Cool ! ! ! The babelfish site is self explanitory. check it out ! ! !

The Fish is pretty cool, but he sometimes gives you some pretty amusing interpretations... :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.