hi,
i am getiing a C:\program error message on start up on windows 2000 professional, cannot find the file C:\program or one of it's componets make sure the path and the file name are correct and that all required liberies are available

please can you help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Program errors, failure to access data etc could be because of high fragmentation levels of your HD. You could run a defragmenter and see it it helps.

Have you installed any P2P software lately? Kazaa for instance.

Have you installed any P2P software lately? Kazaa for instance.

Hi
i have installed 360 share P2P software recently?

Program errors, failure to access data etc could be because of high fragmentation levels of your HD. You could run a defragmenter and see it it helps.

hi

i have run the defragmenter recently?

As you have installed P2P there is a good chance you may have aquired a worm or two and this sympton is common to a few worms that come with these programs.

Do you have any spyware or adware tools?

Search for adaware and spybot: search and destroy, download and run after updating.

Hope fully these will find any malware that has been added to your system, but run a virus check too.

also, what program is it not finding?

i am getting cannot find c:\program error or one of its componets error message at start up

hi that worked but i am know losing my taskbar any thoughts

hi that worked but i am know losing my taskbar any thoughts

What worked? Tell us exactly what you've done; that might give us a better idea of what caused the taskbar problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.