Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. I have a question. I own a Sony Vaio with Microsoft Windows ME. I have many documents saved on Microsoft Word which I use daily. I am worried and concerned that someone used my computer and downloaded some files onto the 3 1/2 A drive. Today when I clicked on file and the column came down and showed recently accessed files it showed a couple of "imporant" files that had the A drive next to them. I could not click on them or open them since I do not have the A drive they were saved too. Is there any way I can look at my computer history to see if someone was using my computer and downloaded files off of it. I've tried looking in "Search" but could find nothing. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

... I am worried and concerned that someone used my computer and downloaded some files onto the 3 1/2 A drive. Today when I clicked on file and the column came down and showed recently accessed files it showed a couple of "imporant" files that had the A drive next to them...

Hi, what do you mean by this : "when I clicked on file" ? Is it on the Microsoft word -> File which shows recent files ? Looks like somebody saved those file in a Floppy disc. However, the originals should be in My documents. Have you checked there for your files ?

Mike...
From your description someone did dump some of your files to a floppy...

So... Time to think about security...

Hopefully nothing more than embarassing and not something that will get your parents to start looking into Military Academys'...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.