I am having an interesting problem with IE 60 sp1 and Google. When I send a search with Google tool bar the Google results will come up for about 5 seconds and then IE shuts down. I don't remember exactly when this started but it seems after getting the last update from Microsoft is when it started. I removed the update but still have the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

so does it happen if you search with IE toolbar search, instead of google toolbar ,if no then maybe you should try uninstall and reinstall the google toolbar

If I try a search in Metecrawler it works fine but any way I try Google results come up for about 5 seconds and then IE closes. This was not happening before I upgraded to XP from W2K last week. I uninstalled the Google tool bar and went straight to Google to try a search and got the same thing.

Thanks for the help

I've had Windows XP pro, IE 6.0, and google toolbar for a while, but never had a single problem related to it. It's working just fine. Are you sure you don't have spywares on your computer? I use Ad-aware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com) to remove spywares.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.