Hi I just tried to load win XP home edition.
doing a new install from scratch.
the install started out fine, after the format was done it started to load.
I walked away for a minute and when I came back there was a light blue screen (not the blue screen of death) with the mouse cursor sitting there.
I tried to move the mouse around but it was real choppy, so I waited for 10 minutes and same thing. so I rebooted, it started up and said setup is restarting and went back to that screen again.
any ideas why its doing this?? :-|

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi I just tried to load win XP home edition.
doing a new install from scratch.
the install started out fine, after the format was done it started to load.
I walked away for a minute and when I came back there was a light blue screen (not the blue screen of death) with the mouse cursor sitting there.
I tried to move the mouse around but it was real choppy, so I waited for 10 minutes and same thing. so I rebooted, it started up and said setup is restarting and went back to that screen again.
any ideas why its doing this?? :-|

Whats your specs of your machine?

peace

pentuim 4 2.53
256 mg ddr 333mhz
geforce 4200 ti agp video card
52x cd rom
intel mother board d845gebv2
60 gig WD hard drive

pentuim 4 2.53
256 mg ddr 333mhz
geforce 4200 ti agp video card
52x cd rom
intel mother board d845gebv2
60 gig WD hard drive

That's almost the exact system that I build here for our users. Sometimes faster, but never larger than a 40GiB WDJB400, and only onboard video.

I'm more concerned about your PSU. Make, model, and wattage?

its an aopen case with a 300watt power supply.
I tried again with a 20 gig maxtor drive and the same thing happened.
could it be the xp disk??

The Light blue screen you are referring to is the transition screen between screens when transfering between steps while installing windows, what I think happened was you installed XP, it was getting ready to go to the next screen (maybe even the login screen) and locked up, and you restarted it, that would explain the cursor lag and the same thing happening twice, maybe leave it a little longer and see what happens?

could it be that I have a bad cd rom??
or something with my video card??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.