All of a sudden today when I tried to open Money 2002 it tries to reinstall itself. Then it gives me the following error:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Money.MSI in the box below"

What is already in said box is 'c\dell\8h391\'

So okay, I tried typing in Money.MSI where the above is, then I get a message that this path is not valid! So I hit cancel and get this:

"Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft money 2002. The windows installer cannot continue."

What??? I've had and used this program for almost 2 years!! How can it not be there anymore???

PLEASE help!! Should I try and reinstall with the disk??? And if so, should I remove the program first or can I reinstall over it??? My hopes are that if I reinstall over it I won't loose my data??? No, I don't have a back up. :cry:

I hope someone can help cause I'm pulling my hair out!!!
Thanks in advance,
Kristi

Contributors
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Redshift

Try to find your money file it will probably be in your documents folder or perhaps somewhere in the program directory it should have a .mny extension. when you find this put it in a safe place and re-install your program after you have done this you should be able to access your data in your saved money file. I don't know what O/S you are using but if it is XP you could try a system restore to a date before the probelm occoured.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.