i get this when i my system starts to boot and its startup programs are starting up then bam blue screen Driver IRQL not less or equal to error then stop:0x000000d1((0x005d011c,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xf6ae632e can anyone help?
c & p from another site:Windows Blue Screen Of Death error: STOP: 0x000000D1
Windows Blue Screen Of Death error: STOP: 0x000000D1
This Stop error indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM or a damaged pagefile.
When your computer restarts after you install Windows XP Home Edition, you may receive either of the following error messages:
System has recovered from a serious error
This behavior may occur if either of the following conditions exist:
- One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer are faulty, or the memory modules are not compatible with the chip set on your computer mainboard.
- The Page file that is used by the Virtual Memory Manager may be damaged.
To resolve this issue:
1. Make sure that the memory modules in your computer are compatible with the chip set on your computer mainboard. For information about how to do so, view the documentation that is included with your computer, or contact you computer manufacturer.
2. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Performance, click Settings.
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. Under Virtual Memory, click Change.
7. Click No paging file. Click OK, click OK, and then click OK.
8. Restart your computer.
9. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
10. Click the Advanced tab.
11. Under Performance, click Settings.
12. Click the Advanced tab.
13. Under Virtual Memory, click Change.
14. Click System managed sized. Click OK, click OK, and then click OK.
15. Restart your computer. i tried this and my issues seem resolved,dkdex
Edited by dkdex: n/a
i was also having this problem. this appeared while downloading and executing an exe file from the internet. Scanned the computer using avg. Avg reported it as a problem of rootkit( a sophisticated malicious software, apt to change itself so that it can't be detected). AVG showed it in the c:\windows\driver\ and was unable to remove it. Then I downloaded security essentials from the microsoft( firstly uninstalled the existing antivirus program) and went for quick scan. It resolved the problem in no time.
Edited by sskhanduja: n/a
i'm also having threads like this when installing winXp
F8 at boot. Safe with networking. Downlosd malware checker. Run scan check for virus. If no virus then check for loose ram sticks