I setup FTP server for my company they are using Win 2003 server. I created multi user accounts. In internet explorer or explored window through I can access the particular department folder only (what i logined). But if I going to firefox or some other FTP client softwares like filezilla, it showing all the folders in root directory. How can we hide root folder there like IE FTP?
I will try to explain you the which way I applied.
1. Created a FTP Users Group.
2. Created a Folder as Root and given the security for Administrator(Full control), IUSER_machine(read) and FTP Users (Read) and IWAM account (Read)
3. In FTP site, I disabled the anonyms connection.
4.in home directory pointed the root folder and checked all read,write,log checkbox
for each user
1. Created local account and noxpiring pwd
2. I made it to FTP User Group
3. I created a folder inside root
3. I checked the FTP User have any right there. it not.
4. I given new user account modify permission to that folder.
But working good with IE FTP browsing . thirdparty ftp client software have only pblm.
pls help me