This problem started happening a couple of days ago. When I'm on certain websites and launch a window (usually a java pop up), the pop up window appears...begins to load for a second and then disappears completely. Also, the original Website that I launched from disappears too! :eek:

I'm running Windows XP and IE 6. Pretty much all default settings.

Please help!

This problem started happening a couple of days ago. When I'm on certain websites and launch a window (usually a java pop up), the pop up window appears...begins to load for a second and then disappears completely. Also, the original Website that I launched from disappears too! :eek:

I'm running Windows XP and IE 6. Pretty much all default settings.

Please help!

I do get the same problem. If I like to "save"/"save as" at any websites, java or 'save windows' should pop up to see where it would save to, but the original window disappears and so does pop-up. I get this problem not only on Internet Explorer but also 'Notepad' I also experienced this problem a couple of days ago too. Please help. - Windows XP & IE 6-

I do get the same problem. If I like to "save"/"save as" at any websites, java or 'save windows' should pop up to see where it would save to, but the original window disappears and so does pop-up. I get this problem not only on Internet Explorer but also 'Notepad' I also experienced this problem a couple of days ago too. Please help. - Windows XP & IE 6-

I had a similar problem recently with IE6 for certain popup windows that was really frustrating, and found that it was due to having the real-time Ad-Watch monitoring on that comes with Ad-Aware spyware tool. When I turned that active monitoring mode off, the javascript windows stay open. It appears that tool (and perhaps similar tools like it) kill some windows that open for some reason, I haven't yet researched whether any settings can be changed with Ad-Watch to tweak its performance. I didn't see the problem with Notepad that you noted. Good luck!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.