Hi Guys, I hope you can help

I have Windows XP and EVERY time I close the internet explorer browser, it gives me the same error message:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi rocker16x,

First of all- welcome to our site. :)

We don't troubleshoot technical prolems in our Community Introductions forum, so I've moved your question to a forum which is more appropriate and will get you more responses from our other members.

A couple of things to start with:

1. Is it only IE that gives you that error message, or have you had other programs exhibit similar problems as well?

2. Have you noticed any other abnormal things happening with IE that might help us narrow down the possible causes?

3. Virus or spyware infections are often the cause of crashes in IE. Have you run any scans with anti-virus and/or anti-spyware software? If so, tell us what you've tried so far. If not, have a look at this thread for suggestions on detecting and removing malicious infections.

4. Open the Event Viewer utility in your Administrative Tools control panel.

In the Event Viewer, look through the System and Application logs for entries flagged as "Warning" or "Error"; double-clicking on any of those entries will open a "details" window with more information about the error/warning. If you find any entries that seem to relate to the IE hangs/crashes that you're having, post the full and exact contents given in the detail windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.