I have a suddenly popped up problem in opening the pdf files using Adobe Acrobat Reader in my windows 2000 machine. I was opening files peacefully till last week, suddenly it slowed down and now only the first flash page comes up......

I had both Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and 6.0 installed. I removed both and installed only Acrobat 6.0 standard, still the same problem.

I cannot cancel the opening process from the taskbar, because it does not get displayed there. Only when I log off, the process stops. I did not try to leave it like that for more than half a day to check if it at all opens....

Please help me

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

is this with all the files you try to open ..

No.
I am able to open word, Visual studio, Access, Image files....
I am unable to open only pdf files, even after reinstallation. The installation works in other machines. So there is no problem with the installation files.

And I could open pdf files in the machine before. Suddenly the problem came up.

Strange ,just to make my last ? clearer ,what i meant was, is this with all the pdf file you have on your computer or just one pdf file

I am not able open the adobe acrobat from the start up menu itself..

Also adobe is not working only in the administrator login. It is opening in other user logins.

The acrobat.exe is seen in the taskmanager processes, whenever I try to open it

The acrobat.exe is seen in the taskmanager processes, whenever I try to open it

Try to clear all you Temp files from your

Document and Setting (admin or user)
Local Setting
Temp
Clear all temp file your problem may be solved

Saro

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.