When logging on to internet I get the message "The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."
with the following details.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Could anyone suggest a solution for this?
Thanks
manitm16

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Can you connect to any site on the web or is this just one server that is a problem?

I suggest - if you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection, and if your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

That is my suggestion

You may also need to check that the identity and password that firefox is using to access your ISP are correct.
M

How to do away with the firewall or proxy?

windows firewall is in off. I do not find any problem in logging on to intrnet with Internet Explorer.

I cannot connect to any site on the web.

If I am reading your posts correctly you can get to sites via Internet Explorer but not with FireFox. If that is the case check under the File menu on Firefox and see if the "Work Off Line " option is checked. Drove me crazy one afternoon.

It is right, I can get to sites via internet explorer but not with Firefox.In the file menu "work offline" option is not checked.

In FF, you might want to check this setting: Go Tools, Options, Advanced tab. In Connection Settings click the radio button for either No Proxy or Use System Proxy, Ok, Ok. [System Proxy is alright to use because then FF will adopt the proxy settings that are in force for IE, and your IE is working...]
You say Windows firewall is Off? Turn it on if you do not have another firewall application. One thing the Windows Firewall will NOT do, and that is stop anything going out...

First, check your internet connection.
Second, check if any connection success with other browsers
Next, check if any sock/proxy using in there

I did as suggested above, FireFox is working alright. Thanks a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.