A few weeks ago, I sat with my digital camera and cut the pictures from it to my folder on my desktop, I pasted them inside the Pictures folder that was in that folder and then I made 2 copies of that Picture folder and put in on my desktop, trying to have a backup and be safe.

As I begin to organize the pictures by making folders, I started to drag some pictures to folders and I also started to cut and paste some. This was taking too long so I decided to use the feature Shift click more than 1 picture, cut and paste and then I was also using the Ctrl and click to select pictures and paste them in certain folders.

While I am doing this, I notice that somehow I have copied quite a few pictures and I started to select them with Shift click and delete, I noticed that as I was doing that, somehow several pictures were selected and I assumed that they were the ones that I copied and I hit delete.

As I begin to look for certain pictures, I noticed that they had disappeared, so I went to my recycle bin and did a restore deleted items and still they did not reappear.

Ok, after asking around someone told me to do a restore to the time and date that I was cutting and pasting and I did that, but I made a mistake and didn't change the date when I did the restore, so it restored to a previous date, I noticed that and I went in and did another restore and made sure to change the date and time this time, but still NO PICTURES!!!!!

I have had others to scan the entire computer to look for the lost pictures, I have recently downloaded a Recuva program to help me as well, is there anyone out there that knows Vista enough to be able to help me find those pictures?

Please, if you can, please help me and thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

If you have already run recovery Programs you have slimmed your chance of finding those pictures yourself, your only chance left is to get it down professionally.

try recovering them from your cameras storage device .
also cut is not really meant for moving files ,copy and past or move here are the suggested metods i do believe

Drag & Drop is preferred and safest way to move files. right click and select move to is also fairly safe. If you have already tried a recovery program with no luck it's caperjack's suggestion or go for pro help=$$$$. Later---

Thanks everyone, since it is going to cost so much money to get it done, I may as well count this one as a lesson learned, thanks for your suggestions and advice.

no problem, please mark as solved.

ah there only pictures!
did you at least try hooking the camera to the computer and telling recurva to scan the cameras chip/storage to see if it finds the pictures ,it is a possibility

commented: Clever! +2

the best option I would think would be to use a recover software... i would recommend using "EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional". its worked for me with files that I've permanently deleted. system restore might actually have made recovery impossible, but its worth a try.

ah there only pictures!
did you at least try hooking the camera to the computer and telling recurva to scan the cameras chip/storage to see if it finds the pictures ,it is a possibility

Oooh, that is clever it might work. Try that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.