Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Catweazle

that doesnt help though i just want to get rid of this thing i heard its a java script added to every webpage you visit to track where your going and :cry:

well i have spyware blaster and i did that but it still doesnt work theres still a few cookies that still show up every single time i do the scan

First please get Spybot S&D to clear out most of the spyware.

Short tutorial and download link here:
http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

Fix everything SpybotSD labels in red.

Then after reboot:
Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Unzip to a permanent folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
then post the log here

ok i fixed it i now have no tracking cookies, the red sheriff thing was uninstalled but i ran registry cleaner and found the entries that had "RSnet" in them and delted them and now im good ;)

If you want ,Download and run hijackthis from my signature and run it and save the log and post it here ,don't fix anything yet .I'll have a look for any baddies !

I was wondering if someone could please help me, I have the same problem with this guy, The red sherriff cookie shows up every time i scan adaware, Whats the best way to solve this??
Thanks
Sarah
angel_with_a_bow@hotmail.com :sad:

Keep removing them at regular intervals. That's the reason we use Spyware detection an removal tools - to keep the 'passengers' we pick up from web browsing cleaned out regularly. You should run those programs every day, for preference.

It's sorta like why we have a sleep at night, then wake up, shower and breakfast - to keep ourselves in shape and on top of things! :D

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.