every time i run adaware and spybot i always get tracking cookies every time i scan even if i delte them and beside them they say "Red Sheriff tracking cookie" and i need to know how to get rid of Red Sheriff please help

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

that doesnt help though i just want to get rid of this thing i heard its a java script added to every webpage you visit to track where your going and :cry:

Download & install spywareblaster & update. Go to the cookie manager & block it from there also.

well i have spyware blaster and i did that but it still doesnt work theres still a few cookies that still show up every single time i do the scan

Harden IE and run on a limited account.
Assuming XP,Boot into safe mode to remove it.

First please get Spybot S&D to clear out most of the spyware.

Short tutorial and download link here:
http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

Fix everything SpybotSD labels in red.

Then after reboot:
Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Unzip to a permanent folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
then post the log here

i have spybot adaware and i run them frequently

ok i fixed it i now have no tracking cookies, the red sheriff thing was uninstalled but i ran registry cleaner and found the entries that had "RSnet" in them and delted them and now im good ;)

Thats Great .They will likely be Back:)

If you want ,Download and run hijackthis from my signature and run it and save the log and post it here ,don't fix anything yet .I'll have a look for any baddies !

ok i have that thing already tho lol

I was wondering if someone could please help me, I have the same problem with this guy, The red sherriff cookie shows up every time i scan adaware, Whats the best way to solve this??
Thanks
Sarah
angel_with_a_bow@hotmail.com :sad:

Keep removing them at regular intervals. That's the reason we use Spyware detection an removal tools - to keep the 'passengers' we pick up from web browsing cleaned out regularly. You should run those programs every day, for preference.

It's sorta like why we have a sleep at night, then wake up, shower and breakfast - to keep ourselves in shape and on top of things! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.