The cause of the problem (don't yell at me - I know it was stupid): I was restarting Windows (for a update, I think) and it was on the "Shutting Down..." screen for about 30 minutes so I just got annoyed and unplugged it and took out the battery.

Right after that when I would turn it on the blue power light would come on, I would hear the fan for about 1 second, then it all goes off again.

I read to "drain the caps" by taking out the motherboard battery (making sure the power battery is out and the laptop is unplugged), then holding down the power button for 60 seconds. Then reinserting the motherboard battery, and plugging the laptop back in. Now NOTHING at all will happen - no fan, no lights, no ANYTHING.

Can someone help - I'm desparate! :(

Maybe You Should Check That You Insert The Battery Before Onning The Computer?? Maybe You Should Try Charging With The Battery On For 1hr.. If Not You Should Go To A Service Centre And They Should Be Able To Repair Your Computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.