BILL S 0 Junior Poster

I'm always having a tough time describing my bookPC to people in stores here dealing with computers daily....seems one of the least known of all PC varieties. It doesn't have a brand name so it's a good system for OEM software, I recently noted when looking to upgrade OS, however, I don't know if I can go up in memory to work well with WinXP. It came to me loaded in both slots for 256MB
I'm using Win98 SE and it is not very good for graphics and video...sound is ok, however, I'd like to get the most out of such a small package, to rival older laptops when I sell it. I've fixed the processor problem where it read to the computer as being 500(e?) MHz, vs the 750 it is supposed to be. I've installed ADS Tech DVDeXpress on it, even though the package recommends 800 or more MHz. Memory seems ok in this regard? Any similar experiences?

I had formerly capture video and pic still via DPM from Dazzle, an older USB device but DVDeXpress supports both and seems much better equipped at conversion. Not sure I have enough horsepower, but I should be able to upgrade the processor to P3 1GHz
PCChips seems to be a similar bookPC company, as does Amptron (IIRC)
Bill