Its been a few days that my internet explorer stopped working and i have no idea what went wrong. I have Windows XP. I also have Norton internet security but i did check if its firewall disabled IE's access to internet but i find out that this is not the case.MSN explorer is still working as well as Mozilla. Every other application that i use is working except internet exlorer. I have a cable modem for some time now and it never happened before. I let my friend to check the settings of IE but he couldn't get IE to work . Can anyone plz help me with this. I am almost sick and tired of using MSN explorer and Mozilla. :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Its been a few days that my internet explorer stopped working and i have no idea what went wrong. I am almost sick and tired of using MSN explorer and Mozilla.

What version of Mozilla? It's up to 1.5 now, it's good.

Have you checked the proxy settings or other LAN settings? Go to the menu: Tools -> Internet options -> Connections -> LAN Settings... Mouse-click on it to access--well, you know. Proxy and others are there.

My personal experience is that Norton is flaky even when disabled. In all seriousness, I have disabled Norton Internet Security / Norton Personal Firewall and it has still blocked stuff ... until I removed it from loading in the registry altogether. I haven't used the proggie since. :(

Hi ..thanks for replying... I checked the internet explorer connection setting . In LAN settings
*Automatic detect settings
*Use automatic configuratin scrip
^ these both were unchecked ...i checked both of them and then tried but IE is still not working.
Im using Mozilla 0.7

when logging onto the internet server IE will not load. after several attempts it will load but lock up computer HELP got any ideas. Also keep getting fatal errors

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.