Hey guys i really need your help.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 4937G model. It came with Windows vista. However i recently upgraded it to Windows 7 and there was some slight problem eg unable to read from pen drive but able to read EHDD. So i decided to 'reformat' it back to windows vista.

However, when i put the backup CD of vista in, (the cd is the backup i did from windows vista, i did the 'factory default' backup) and when it comes to the reformat part, there was no progress. The percentage stuc at 0%. So i pulled out the cd and tried to restart my laptop. That's when it says:
BOOTMGR NOT FOUND. PRESS ALT+CTRL+DLT TO RESTART.

I tried using the cd again but to no avail. I tried using windows 7, which is a .iso file, i copy the files inside into my pendrive but during bootup, it says
NO OS FOUND INSIDE PENDRIVE. REMOVE.....
So i'm really at lost what to do here. Please help on what can i do. thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You probably need to change the BIOS settings so that you can boot from the CD/DVD before booting from the hard disk. Usually the key to enter BIOS setup is shown on screen during POST e.g. DEL or F1 key.

You need to install Vista unless you have a legitimate key for windows 7. Microsoft don't sell windows 7 in ISO format so it's not a legal copy unless you have bought a legal key for it.

don't sell windows 7 in ISO format buy key for it.

true, but i have legit iso of win7 with legit key ,i have subscription to msdn.com & technet.com where i can download and use iso of win7 to created a legit disk.for evaluation purposes ,but i agree if poster has iso and no key then likely its pirated

My Uni somehow had a 'deal' whereby current windows user(any version) can upgrade to windows 7 for free(for the uni students only). So i downloaded it from the website they provide, and the key is provided at another place.

One thing i forgot to mention is, i manage to check the memory space, and no OS currently installed in my laptop.
I did access the BIOS(cost me 100 bucks to remove bios password) to boot from cd and usb.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.