hi all
i have installed and uninstallled no of softwares on that comp. and from few days my floppy drive is been continuously buzzed up and some software is trying to read something from floppy drive its not comming up with any error message not even that no floppy found in that drive. i want to check that which software is try to use that floppy. is their any command or process through which i can check that which process is causing pain to floppy drive.
thanks
all sugestion are accepted
jindalarpan

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi
thanks for ur reply but i have checked it with nortan anitvirus 2005 with updates and spy ware. both did not come up with anyind virus or so .
according to them everything is ok.

The floppy light can be switched on continuously if the data cable is put in the wrong direction.

Nadeem
www.ansariltd.com

The floppy light can be switched on continuously if the data cable is put in the wrong direction.

Nadeem
www.ansariltd.com

cable is in write direction i have checked it and re pluged it many times and i have also tried with new cable

Test the floppy drive on another computer. Also, check a known working floppy drive on your computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.