I thought if you click on anything in the system tray it should take you directly to that application. On my mail....IF I get NEW mail, I have to click on the system tray application and close it & re open the outlook express from the title bar area...

One would THINK that you should be able to just access it from the icon, ect in the system tray. I wonder why I have to close it, & reopen it from the title bar..Any ideas? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

djm123,

What do you mean by:

I have to click on the system tray application and close it & re open the outlook express from the title bar area...

When you say "title bar" do you mean task bar?

And yes, you are right with your assumption about clicking system tray icons and going directly to the application. Perhaps I’m the only one, but I'm just a little confused as to what your EXACT problem is.

Can you view new mail if you just click the OE icon in the task bar? Or is your issue that OE does not open when you click the icon in the system tray?

J_

I had a look around, and it sounds like an XP Bug.

Try, disabling the hide system tray icons;

Right-click the task-bar, and select properties. Clear the Check box for the option at the bottom, "Hide Inactive icons".

Also disable Automatic Login if you use it. Best way is to add a password to your account, (mostly because having a Password on your account is a very good idea!!).

I don't think Outlook Express even places an icon in the system tray...
MS Outlook does, and double clicking this icon launches MS Outllok fine..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.