:?: what would prevent my task scheduler service, like MAINTANCE WIZARD-SANDISK-DEFRAGMENTATION-DISK CLEANUP,to stop before these tasks are complete,is there a program running somewhere tha t i can't or don't see,not real computer savvy, can someone assist me.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Go to Control Panel, and in there is the Task Scheduler folder. Go into it, and delete whichever tasks you don't want to run, or if you want to totally disable the Task Scheduler click "Advanced" on the top menu of the window, then click "Stop Using Task Scheduler". That should do it ;)

Happy computing :)

Unless I misunderstand the post, I don't think jerry wants to stop any tasks, I think he wants to know why they aren't doing what they are suppose to.

dlh6213 is right i want to know why it dose't do what it is supposed to do.

Don't do defrag from task scheduler for goodness sake! Anything else running can interrupt defrag and stop it from completing.

Start it manually, and before you do use CTRL-ALT-DEL and 'End task' everything except systray and explorer. Defrag for Win 9x is a shit of a thing!

Sorry man, I misunderstood lol...

I'll just go sit in this corner with my dunce cap on...

;)

Sorry man, I misunderstood lol...

I'll just go sit in this corner with my dunce cap on...

;)

You'll have to wait your turn!:)

Personally, I don't use the Task Scheduler; but the only thing I can think of that should be run from there is an antivirus program. It's better to get in a habit of running the other things manually once a week or so -- only takes a few minutes when done regularly (except the full Scandisk thing).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.