I have been using IE for years. Just today when I go to my home page and click on an
e-mail - it will appear for 2-3 seconds and then it's gone and it says IE cannot display... HELP!! This is madening...
Thank YOU -

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is this a previously-viewed email you click on? Go tools, Internet options, Connectons tab and see that on the LAN Settings page that you are not usning a proxy - for most home folk the Automatically Detect Settings box should be checked. Or, if you do have a proxy configured then see that its settings are correct.
I'm just figuring that perhaps you see the email from cache first, then the page tries to update and Bam! it's gone.

thanks gerbil

Same problem was with me but some how it is solved now.

Thanks once again for proper guidance.

This may not be a problem with your IE, the connection may have been terminated with the e-mail client or there could be an error in the webpage that stops Internet Explorer from displaying the webpage right.

Check the bottom left corner (near the 'Start' menu) and see if it has an picture of a triangle with a black exlamation mark in it. If it does, double click on it and then click on the 'Show Details' button that appears in the message box.

Let us know what happens!

javanoob101

so what email program are you using ,what happens if you go to start /and click on email there

Is IE giving you an error code...(such as 404 error?)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.